What are the benefits of hiring a professional air duct cleaning company?
While most homeowners understand the importance of regularly maintaining the operational parts of their HVAC system – the condenser, the evaporator, the blower and the furnace – they often do not realize that it is also important to clean and maintain the duct work associated with that system. Nevertheless, there are real benefits to doing so. Here are a few of the more notable ones benefits of hiring a professional air duct cleaning company:
[bctt tweet=”While most homeowners understand the importance of regularly maintaining the operational parts of their HVAC system …” username=”SanAirClean”]
- It extends the system’s useful life – Modern HVAC systems are meticulously designed and exactly constructed machines. To operated at their best, they must be finely tuned at all times. Otherwise, there is excessive wear and tear on their parts. This necessity extends to the initial ducts that supply air to the system and the latter ones that remove the harmful exhaust fumes created by the combustion in the furnace. Ducts that are left uncleaned entail more work for the system and a shorter working life.
- It saves on utility bills – Duct work suffers a lot of abuse as the HVAC system turns on and off as well as from seasonal temperature changes. In fact, it expands and contracts on an almost hourly basis. This fact means that crimps in the metal are created and joints become disconnected. All in all, it means that the system does not work at peak efficiency. A professional air duct cleaning company can easily and affordably fix these problems and save the homeowner money in the long term.
- It is healthier for the occupants of the home – If not cleaned regularly – twice per year at a minimum – health hazards that can build up in your ducts include mold, mildew, and pollutants not to mention a plethora of harmful insects. Occupants of the home who suffer from asthma will breathe easier – literally and figuratively – as will anyone else who has an allergy to fleas, lice, mosquitoes and bedbugs. Regular maintenance by a professional air duct cleaning company will also prevent the intrusion of larger vermin such as squirrels, mice and their cousins and birds.
- It quiets the system – As mentioned, clean duct work means that there is less stress on the overall HVAC system. This fact means that it will run quieter throughout the day and night – a not inconsequential feature when you are trying to get your beauty rest. Not only will the cooled or heated air run noiselessly into the living space but the system itself will not need to cycle as much. It is a win-win situation for the homeowner who gets to sleep comfortably at night while also saving money.
- It is a really messy job – Aside from the dust and lint that accumulated in a duct system, there are all types of creepy crawlers that can take up residence. Without the proper tools and safety gear, it becomes extremely difficult for a “do-it-yourselfer” to do a thorough cleaning job without endangering themselves to some extent. For this reason alone, it is highly recommended that a homeowner retain the services of a professional duct cleaning company. The best ones are quite affordable and guarantee their work.
[bctt tweet=”it becomes extremely difficult for a “do-it-yourselfer” to do a thorough cleaning job” username=”SanAirClean”]
For over 20 years, we have been helping people who are working on improving indoor air quality with Indoor Environmental Surveys and Ventilation Systems Cleaning by providing high quality workmanship with unparalleled customer service to both residential and commercial customers. Our staff of professionals are dedicated to serving your specific needs from the moment you contact us until the completion of your remediation project. Visit our website or contact us today for more information or to schedule your mold remediation consultation.